Kara2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need BRAINS!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I need BRAINS! Empty I need BRAINS!

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:57 am

I'm afraid to see what Phase 6 of this mess is going to be like. SW and IF were bad enough last night. You pretty much had to slot 10min of zombie time if you were going to pass through there. Shat was fine as long as you could stay mounted. And thanks to Thaed and Jez, I'm down to 2 achievements I need to finish on Athaan for Hallow's End.

So who wants to post the lastest WoR.com news?

Nodden

Back to top Go down

I need BRAINS! Empty Re: I need BRAINS!

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:56 am

Achievements Update and Retribution Nerfs

Update: Zombie Invasion - Phase 5.5

Achievements Update

Quote from: Thundgot (Source)

In an effort to improve performance, in the next minor patch, we will be removing the “Attributes” section found under “Character” of the “Statistics” tab found in the Achievement system. While this could be made available again at some point in the future, there are currently no plans to do so.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, and we appreciate your understanding.

Retribution nerfs in the latest beta build - Part I & II

Ghostcrawler made 2 posts regarding the retribution nerfs introduced by the build 9138.

Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)

Hello paladins,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to pre-announce these changes before the data were pushed to the beta. I won't try to sugarcoat it -- these are nerfs.

As I tried to explain before, we concluded a couple of weeks ago that Retribution was doing too much damage in PvP. We tried to nerf the burst damage through the previous changes to Divine Storm etc. Unfortunately, those changes didn't prove sufficient. Not only were paladins still destroying other classes in PvP, but we also found their PvE damage, even at level 80, was too high. Many classes were concluding they were too weak based on comparing their numbers to paladin numbers (and to be fair, hunters and in some cases mages and warriors).

Here are the new changes:

1) Judgements of the Wise: Mana gained reduced from 33% to 15% of base mana. We spent many hours arriving at this number. For example, we did a lot of Patchwerk fights, watching the mana bar to see when and if it ever went down. In BGs, we were seeing paladins able to go from target to target without pausing even when unleashing all of their attacks. While we don't want you to go OOM in a few seconds, we don't want you to ignore the mana bar either. Mana is not rage -- warriors can't typically start a battle with a full bar.

2) Judgement of Wisdom: mana gained reduced to 1% of maximum mana and proc frequency cut by 50%. This ability was flat out better than Vampiric Touch when the mana provided between the two really needs to be close in order for the decision between Shadow priest and Retribution paladin to be a real one.

3) Judgement and Seals: Damage reduced by 20%. This is the major damage adjustment -- a lot of damage was coming from these. We do realize this hurts Holy and Protection as well, and that is something for which we are prepared to offer compensation (particularly if it hurts Protection's threat generation).

4) Hammer of Wrath: Now can’t be used until the target is below 20% health. Our rule of thumb is that core "Execute-style" abilities work at 20% and talented abilities work at 35% health. We originally had Hammer at 35% based on some other limitations of the spell.

5) Art of War: Increased damage bonus to Judgements, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm. I'll report back on the exact numbers here when we've settled on them.

I also want to add that the token Blessing of Might change wasn't intended as a joke -- it is designed so that Battle Shouts won't cancel the longer and more expensive Blessing of Might in a group setting.

These seem like pretty severe nerfs, but that was the intention. It is difficult for some players to ever be truly objective with issues surrounding their class, but in this case we felt Ret was severely overpowered. This was not in the realm of small tweaks to fix (though we did try originally). We overhauled the paladin class for Lich King, so it is unfortunate but not too surprising that the numbers for the dps spec require a lot of iteration. The mistake is ours, not the fault of the player base or beta testers.

Nerfing a spec or class is never fun. It means that our initial estimates of numbers were off and we know that the community is going to react negatively (to put it mildly). But we have to try and keep the game in a relatively balanced state and that is going to mean making decisions that are unpopular sometimes. If you need to blame someone for the nerfs, blame me.

As always, if we over-compensated, we'll adjust the numbers again. But as I said, our initial round of nerfs wasn't sufficient. Lest you fear that Lich King is upon as and you won't see any additional changes, that is not our point of view. We changed a lot in the game and we need to be able to rectify problems. I would expect early patches or even hotfixes to deal with class or balance problems, and hopefully these will slow down as we get closer to major content releases. But nothing is off the table after we ship, down to rearchitecting talent trees if we think that is called for. This isn't to suggest we aren't happy with the state of the game. Rather, my word that we will continue to iterate on problem areas as they come up.

I also want to stress that we do not make balance decisions based on the QQ of other classes. At most, if there is a pretty vocal outcry that will encourage us to rerun the numbers to see if something is amiss. As vocal, and sometimes passionate and even logical as forum posts can be, they represent a fraction of the entire fanbase and it would be foolish for us to clobber one group of players solely based on the whining from another group.

Go ahead and vent if you have to. We won't delete posts or ban posters in this thread unless they are overly offensive. We do ask that you not launch a thousand other threads so that other paladin issues can still be discussed. Likewise, we have no problem with other classes engaging in the discussion but outright gloating or trolling will be frowned upon.

And I do apologize for putting you through this.
He then created another thread to reply to a few questions.

Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)

I know many of you asked good questions before the posts hit their limit. I am not convinced that my answering many of these questions would calm anyone down, but I'll give it a shot. If not, when the paladin community has gotten it all out of their system, I'll still be here.

Also realize that there are probably a couple hundred questions at this point and I can't answer them all. Here are a few common themes:

I thought we were supposed to be bursty?
Yes, that's the design. It's also a tough design to nail because if you're too bursty the opponent doesn't even get to respond.

You reviewed our class last because you don't care.
We overhauled the entire class. We rebuilt the way Seals and Judgements work, and by and large it's a good change. Paladins got a lot of attention for Lich King. your response suggests to me that the correct way to balance the game in the future is to make a class terrible early on and then buff it so that players are happy and excited instead of fuming and disappointed. Trajectory is everything.

I thought you didn't want us to run out of mana.
We didn't want you to run out of mana in three hits, especially in a sustained dps fight. What we don't want is for a paladin to kill someone and move on to the next enemy without losing any mana. I'm a little surprised so many people deny this was going on or that it was a problem.

We think we have your mana in a good place now, but mana is one of those aspects of the game that requires a lot of adjustment and there are many classes right now who would still like us to further review how mana is working for their class. If you're running out of mana too fast, believe me, we'll hear about it and we'll adjust it if we weren't "surgical" enough this time around.

But we don't care about Battlegrounds.
A lot of people do care. And if you don't care about them right now, I'll warrant that's because they don't offer the rewards that Arenas or raiding do. This is something we want to address in the future.

Again, though, we think Ret was out of line in several situations. Other classes are OP in some situations too, and we have either recently nerfed them or are still discussing how we want to address those classes as well.

Look at all the other classes in here laughing at us.
Well, they're jerks. Many of them probably suspect they are OP too and have so far escaped the nerfbat. So far. We want Retribution to be a dangerous class to go up against. We don't want to see BGs with 30 Retadins on one side, which is actually something we were seeing. Yeah, I know it sucks that people say Lolet. It sucks when people say huntards too. That doesn't drive people away from playing either class. We're always going to have some amount of competition in this game, either directly in PvP or the damage race in PvE. If I can read 1200 angry posts from Ret pallies today, you can blow off some inane gloating from warlocks or warriors. We delete the trolling comments when we see them.

Why didn't we compensate Holy and Protection first?
We want Holy to have better dps than it did in BC, but that's a secondary consideration compared to them being good at healing (which we believe they are). We are also still committed to Protection being able to tank anything that a warrior can. Consider that the boss armor changes hurts warrior threat more than it does paladin threat. The net result should hopefully come out equal. So far I'm not aware of a boss fight in the game where a paladin MT struggles. As I said, though, this is something we're working on right now.

Why did I describe our initial attempts to nerf Ret as surgical?
Because that's what we tried to do. In retrospect, we were so worried about nerfing Ret too much that we ended up not fixing the problem. We should have done more sweeping changes initially.

Why did we say Ret was fine for so long?
Because we didn't want to have to nerf the spec. Ret players were having fun. We thought and hoped that some well publicized bugs were to blame for the excess damage. As I've said, if I wait to post until we're absolutely 100% certain, you're just not going to get as many posts. Many posters have said they appreciate getting occasional developer communication and insight. But that is going to come with some risk that things are going to change. As I said, I'll caveat it more in the future.

That you're somehow paying to beta test the game.
First, I don't really think we'll ever get game balance to a state where 90% of you would say "Yes, it's perfect! Don't touch a thing!" Second, it's an MMO. Things change. The game evolves. We are always going to be changing things on our end as well. Players would be just as happy as not enough changes as some of you are with too many changes.

You may also have noticed that we nerfed level 70 raiding and that the level 80 raids are pretty easy compared to our past instances. We wanted to make sure we weren't shining too harsh a light on balance differences until everyone had plenty of time to get used to the changes -- more time than even our large beta can offer. Nobody should get parked at the curb in Naxx, and by the time Ulduar and later instances come on line, I predict we will have made many balance changes.

We don't believe you because we've been at the bottom of the barrel before.
There's not much I can do to get you to believe me or not. I try to be honest so my words carry some weight, but I also try to joke around a little so you know I don't take myself too seriously. I don't know how many other ways to say that it sucks that your PvE wasn't competitive in BC or that you weren't a major Arena force. That's not where we wanted you to end up and not where we want you to end up this time. I'm not going to show you my daily tasks or how I spend my time so that you can oversee my progress and make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry. The best thing you can do is point out situations where you're struggling so we can investigate. Most of you haven't even had a chance to test with these changes yet.

You're nerfing paladins because of PvP.
Read my initial post again. Ret PvE dps was also too high.

Our numbers are different from yours.
That's going to happen. We compare data when we can. I think you'd agree that the game balance would be pretty interesting if we automatically made adjustments whenever anyone suggested them.

You said I wouldn't get banned.
You're still going to get banned for explicit language, death threats or the like (thank you very much for those BTW). Try and make your point without resorting to text that will violate the posting regulations. Call me a jerk, if it will make you feel better. It boggles my mind that I actually need to point out that AIDS comments and the like aren't appropriate. If you're smart enough to raid or do Arenas on your character, you're smart enough to know how to make an intelligent post.

Added one more for clarification:

You only tested in Naxx, but paladins do bonus damage against undead.
Yes, we know that. We tested under a lot of different situations with and without undead and with different levels of gear and buffs present. I use Patchwerk as an example a lot because players understand that it is a very simple boss fight in which there is no running around, adds or damage to the raid.

Comments (47)
Nto
Nto
Admin

https://kara2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:58 am

Is everyone pretty much giving up on HH mount?
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:13 am

I haven't given up but I'm not counting on it either. There's also the Strat mount to try for as well.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am

ehh. im only really interested in the HH one. The ability to use the same mount where ever i am and have it fly and land is to uber to pass up.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

how did that new kara boss go?
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am

1 wipe and then killed him on the next try. Just need to kite him around and he's super easy. Thaedin got the axe that let's her turn into the guitar from that WoW band. Pretty cool emote. We also all got the little bat pets.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am

niffty.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 am

Can you post the updated information on the Infestation?

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:25 am

Wonder if there's a way for the RSS feeds to pull the actual article over. The google/ig page will show me the new headlines but I can't click through to get the actual article.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am

i would still be up for HH now that i realize the brooms are instantcast. hehe. i'm a doofus. and the ret nerf is making me laugh. just cos it got so out of control, i guess.
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am

Trying Google Reader but it's not working the way I thought it was going to.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:42 am

so with the pot nerf, do u think there will be a rise in popularity for mana returning classes? like shadow priests, shamans and paladins, over say, dps warriors and rogues? do hunters have a mana return ability for a raid/party? i'm still pretty clueless about everyrone's new talents.
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

I think shamans and spriests are going to be big again with the way they've done pots and nerfing paladins. Hunters can switch aspect to get full mana back to themselves in something like 6s according to Thaedin/Blackfist. Warlocks still have their same ability as do Mages. Druids can still innervate but I'm unaware of anything else that will help them.

It's going to be interesting to see. I've never had a pot dependant class so far so I'm not sure how the pot changes will affect me until we start doing WotLK raids.

I can say that Nodden is glad Greyzen is going to hit 70 soon. Smile

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 pm

i feel bad for healers. it's one thing to be oom as a dps - u just start wanding cos there's nothing you can do. but when you go oom as a healer, there's nothing you can do but i think they feel a little worse about it. hehe. maybe that's just me. even ret paladins can provide mana returns for the raid with the seal of wisdom - would that make them a more valuable melee dps class for pve, even after the nerf to their dmg? do holy paladins and holy priests have new ways to regen mana? innervate just got a whole lot more awesome. i know we roll with what we have but it's interesting to think about - could this one little potion adjustment change how we view classes and their abilities and affect their desirability? i'm probably blowing this all out of proportion. i've been known to do that. a lot.
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Zombie Plague comes to an end

Well, I guess now Blizzard can say "We told you so!" in regards to their comments that the zombie plague which started Thursday wouldn't last long. Tigole posted today to announce that the plague has come to an end, but the Scourge Invasion itself still continues, and there's more to come for the prologue event in general, leading up to Wrath of the Lich King's launch.

Quote from: Tigole (Source)

We'd like to thank players for participating so zealously (and valiantly!) during the Great Zombie Plague of '08. Our intention with this event was to create something memorable and to literally change the face of Azeroth for a few days. This event is just one of many leading up to Wrath of the Lich King. As you know, the Scourge Invasion is now live as well and there is some other cool stuff coming up before all is said and done. Also, Hallow's End continues on!

While we recognize that the event could prove to be disruptive at times, we hope you made the most out of it while it lasted. Part of playing in a "living and breathing world" means that things are going to change from time to time. We meant no harm but only wanted to create a lasting impression on players as they head to Northrend to defeat the Lich King. The Lich King's goals (as you will soon learn) are to turn the Horde and Alliance not only on one another, but on their own kind as well. I think the plague truly demonstrated this firsthand.

So it looks like a cure has finally been found… for now.

Thank you for participating in our most memorable event to date… for better or for…. brrrrrrraaaaaains…

He then followed that up with a reply to players concerning just what the end of the plague means.

Couple of other important notes:

* The scourge invasion will continue for a few more days.
* The prologue event is not over! More to come!!
* The Karazhan boss will be up for approximately another week still
* We increased the respawn rate of the Necropoli
* Zombie cure should kick in by around noon PST

And did the "whiners" win out? According to Tigole, no.

Q u o t e:
Whiners win again - come on Tigole, just let it run for a few more days
This has nothing to do with anyone whining. The event played out on it's scheduled course =)
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 pm

The Wrath of the Lich King Scourge Invasion has begun, as of October 23rd, exactly 3 weeks (!) before the release of WotLK.
Table of Contents
Scourge Invasion
Searching For A Cure
Anti-Undead Armor Sets
New Argent Dawn Items
New Boss: Prince Tenris Murkblood
Scourge Invasion Bosses
How to Become a Zombie!
Notes and Tips
Links
Phase 6 (10/26)
All good things come to an end
Commoners can now be found inside capital cities, which give you a new quest, Desperate Research, that sends you to Grand Apothecary Putress (Horde) or Bishop Lazari (Alliance), both found in their respective organization's camps located near the Aldor Bank in Shattrath City. You will then be sent to your faction's main city to bring the news. Rumors say the joint alliance of the Horde and the Alliance have found a cure for the plague.
Phase 5 (10/26)
Could it get any worse?
The zombie infection now only lingers for 1 minute before players become zombies, which is more dangerous than ever considering that most of the Argent Healers are now gone from major cities. Most cities are becoming overrun with zombies (both player and NPC) and it's becoming very difficult to avoid becoming infected.
Phase 4 (10/25)
Citadels, Scourge Invasion and a new boss in Karazhan!
The zombie infection now only lingers for 2 minutes before players become zombies, and giant floating citadels (screenshot) have appeared above major cities! They hover ominously in the sky as though they are watching the evil that is unfolding below. Cities are beginning to face attacks from the Scourge warriors as the Scourge Invasion launches in full force!
Phase 3 (10/24)
Plagued residents, shorter infection time and more madness!
Several Argent Healers were removed, and additional roaches and crates were added. The duration of the infection disease was reduced to 5 minutes! Also, level 10 Plagued Residents can now be found outside capital cities.
Phase 2 (10/23)
Plagued roaches and more crates
It appears that this plague is more out of hand than we thought! The corrupted grain shipments have now made their way into the capital cities and have brought infectious vermin in the form of Plagued Roaches! What's worse is that killing these roaches only spreads the contagion further! Is there no end to this madness?
Phase 1 (10/23)
The beginning of the end
The Scourge plague is affecting us all, in the form of a zombie plague! Strange, corrupted grain crates have appeared in Booty Bay that are quickly spreading a deadly plague and corrupting Horde and Alliance players. If the plague's corruption is left untreated, we will have a zombie invasion on our hands!
who are you and why do love my posts

Miyari
<Adorable Bearorcat Overlord>
Joined on 08/12/2006
Role: Bureaucrat

Quote|ReplyBy Miyari 4 days ago

Scourge Invasion
Quests
Low level quests have become available outside of the major cities asking players to investigate Dim Necrotic Circles that have spawned outside the cities (screenshot), and to defeat the Scourge and return with 3 [Dim Necrotic Stone].

Argent Scouts have spawned at an Argent Dawn camp in the main cities and give a new quest, Light's Hope Chapel. The quest asks plays to deliver the [Call to Arms Announcement] to the Keeper of the Rolls at Light's Hope Chapel, in Eastern Plaguelands.

Two classic Scourge Invasion quests have become available from Commander Thomas Helleran: Shadows of Doom which asks players to kill an elite Shadow of Doom, and Under the Shadows, which asks players to collect 10 [Necrotic Runes] and return to him. These quests each award your choice of either 5 [Blessed Wizard Oil] or 5 [Consecrated Sharpening Stones].

Scourge Attacks
Throughout select zones in Azeroth, Necrotic Shards will occasionally spawn, surrounded by level 69-70 Skeletal Shocktroopers, Ghoul Berserkers and other undead mobs. The Scourge commonly drop [Necrotic Runes], which are used as a currency to purchase items from the Argent Quartermaster.

You can tell which zone is under attack by the Scourge by checking your world map and looking for a purple skull icon in a zone or by speaking to an Argent Messenger in any major city and inquiring about locations (its much quicker just to look at your map). Areas that are under attack will have floating citadels empowering Necrotic Shards. The shards can be damaged by killing the Scourge hanging around them, and when the shard is extremely weakened, four Cultist Engineers will spawn and begin channelling the damaged shard. Speaking to these will give an option to spawn a Shadow of Doom at the cost of 8 [Necrotic Runes]. Each Shadow of Doom will drop 30 [Necrotic Runes] as a stack that can only be looted by one person. When all four Shadows have been defeated, the crystal can be destroyed and Scourge will no longer spawn at that location until next attack.

Occasionally, Alliance or Horde major cities may become under attack directly from the Scourge! Undead mobs will invade the city and attack anything in their path. Faint Necrotic Crystal will spawn around the city, with a small legion of Scourge warriors which must be defeated. Once this is done, the Faint Necrotic Crystal will offer you a quest, Faint Necrotic Crystal.

Searching For A Cure
Players can now accept a new quest from Commoners found in major cities, Desperate Research which asks players to seek out Grand Apothecary Putress or Bishop Lazari. Grand Apothecary Putress has set up a camp just outside of the Aldor Bank in Shattrath, where his Apothecary Researches are supposedly hard at work finding a cure. Bishop Lazari's camp can be found just across from it, with a bright shining altar surrounded by Reverent Paladins and Guards. Conveniently, both camps have Argent Healers. Upon turning in the quest, he will give you another quest to bring a box containing an infected head (gross) or a 'Light-infused artifact' to your race's major city. This quest gives reputation with that city, and the quest line ends there - so far...

Miyari
Joined on 08/12/2006

Anti-Undead Armor Sets
Rare spawns and Shadows of Doom located at the shards have a chance of dropping the chest and leg pieces.
Cloth: Blessed Regalia of Undead Cleansing
Leather: Undead Slayer's Blessed Armor
Mail: Blessed Garb of the Undead Slayer
Plate: Blessed Battlegear of Undead Slaying
The gloves and shoulders for these sets are sold by the Argent Quartermaster for 15 [Necrotic Runes] each piece.

Argent Quartermaster
This NPC is located outside of Light's Hope Chapel by the forge, and sells items in exchange for [Necrotic Runes]. They also can be found in major cities but those will only tell you to head out to Eastern Plaguelands and do not sell items.

In order to purchase items from the Argent Quartermaster, you must first complete the quest Under the Shadows before she will show you what is available.
[Argent Dawn Banner] - 8
[Argent Tome] - 30
[Argent War Horn] - 40
[Tabard of the Argent Dawn] - 8
[Argent Healing Potion] - 20
[Argent Mana Potion] - 20
[Blessed Wizard Oil] - 8
[Consecrated Sharpening Stones] - 8
The [Argent Dawn Banner] places an Argent Banner on the ground and casts Argent Glory (similar to Consecration) on the ground around it, dealing 38 Holy damage every 2 seconds to anything in range.

The [Argent Tome] summons a large tome that will sit idle for about three seconds before exploding with Argent Wisdom (similar to Holy Nova) and hitting anything within a 10 yard radius for around 249 to 373 Holy damage. (screenshot)

The [Argent War Horn] summons a level 60 Argent Knight (human for Alliance, blood elf for Horde) decked out in level 60 PVP gear to your side to aid you in battle. The Knight uses regular melee attacks and Crusader Strike, and while he doesn't hit very hard and only lasts 30 seconds, the best part comes when he's about to leave! Instead of simply despawning, the paladin will bubble and hearth! (screenshot)

It is worth mentioning that obtaining the [Tabard of the Argent Dawn] awards a Feat of Strength and this tabard can only be obtained during the Invasion (not via normal reputation-gaining means.)

Miyari
Joined on 08/12/2006

New Boss: Prince Tenris Murkblood
Available from October 25th to approximately November 3rd (?)
A new boss has been added to the game, Prince Tenris Mirkblood of the San'layn. He can be found in the previously locked Servant's Quarters located up the stairs just past Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan.

He is a challenging fight but can be taken down by anywhere from 5-10 well-geared players (though you may need more to clear Attumen's trash and possibly Attumen himself if you'd like). His drop table only consists of the following items:
[Arcanite Ripper] - This rather impressive two-handed axe, in addition to using the classic [Arcanite Reaper] model, has an awesome hidden "use" effect that when activated changes your character's appearance into that of Bergrisst of L80ETC and causes you to rock out (or as the spell effect tooltip puts it, "melt faces")!
[Vampiric Batling] - This vampire bat companion is lootable by everyone in the raid!
[Badge of Justice] - Two of 'em!
Defeating Tenris Murkblood will save you to that Karazhan raid (if you were not already saved).

Chamber of Secrets
When arriving at Light's Hope Chapel, players will find the Argent Emissary, who gives the quest Chamber of Secrets, asking players to search the the chamber of Tenris Mirkblood. The quest item can be found on a table in his room. Right-clicking the scroll will complete the objective.

Upon completion of this quest, you will be awarded a [Monster Slayer's Kit].

Miyari
Joined on 08/12/2006

Scourge Invasion Bosses
While slightly less impressive than a cool looking boss in Karazhan that drops an axe you can play as a guitar but still worth mentioning, it appears that all of the previous Scourge Invasion, pre-TBC, bosses can be found in their respective instances. The available bosses are as follows:
Lady Falther'ess in Razorfen Downs
Sever in Shadowfang Keep
Scorn in Scarlet Monastery's Graveyard
Revanchion in Dire Maul (West)
Lord Blackwood in Scholomance
Balzaphon in Stratholme
These bosses drop blue quality loot within the level range of the instances they are located inside.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks for the posts, Nto. More for me to read this afternoon.

Blizzard has been saying nothing but they're trying to make raiding easier across the board with LK. They don't want classes be a must have for a certain raid. I've only heard of one boss where you have to bring a certain amount of one class to be able to beat it. I'm guessing the gear you're going to get in LK is going to augement the mana issues we're seeing with current gear. Kara wasn't an issue last night though. I could just keep pulling and pulling with no issue. Of course it was Kara with most of our mains.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 pm

ret paladin mana return is still the same as it was, and should now be more in line with what spriests return instead of insanely more as it was.

The pot change yeah i'm really not sure about. But like everything I'm sure they'll be watching it closely and adjust it if needed.

And although they wanted to make all the classes less important so you could bring more variety for the same jobs, i'm kinda betting as maebee said things are gonna kinda go the other way for hardcore raiders. There's gonna be a lot of min/maxing with all this crap to find the ideal balance. Although for us rolling with whatever shows up like we do, it'll prolly be a nice change.

Paladin's at 80 also have Divine Plea so that'll help a TON with mana.
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 pm

It sucks that I've got the Monday BEFORE the expansion comes out off for a national holiday. Why can't it be the Monday AFTER?

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:10 pm

heh. i suckered foo into taking the entire week after launch week off.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Into him taking it or you taking it?

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 pm