Kara2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

+2
Nodden
Nto
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Empty HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Post  Nto Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:11 am

Quote from: Nethaera (Source)

With the upcoming release of Wrath of the Lich King and the many changes the expansion brings to classes and mechanics, we have decided to rearrange our forums to make it easier for players to hold constructive discussions. To that end, we have created three role-based forums -- Tanking, Damage Dealing, and Healing -- in place of the class forums. Why?

Common ground for common roles. The new structure provides central places for players of diverse classes and specs to discuss their common roles. Until now, there was no one obvious forum for a holy paladin to discuss Arena healing tactics with a restoration shaman, or for a protection warrior to talk tanking mechanics with a feral druid. This often led to splintered, fractured, and redundant discussions. In addition, the original class forum structure never properly took the impact of talents into account, lumping together a shadow priest and a holy priest (for example) when that didn’t necessarily make sense.

Celebrate diversity! While a tank tanks and a healer heals, the specific ways each class and talent build go about these roles are very distinct -- and the addition of new abilities in Wrath of the Lich King will continue to add even more ways to play. The new forum structure will still be a place for a frost mage (for example) to discuss tricks of the trade with other frost mages, while at the same time facilitating an understanding of the unique tools that rogues or other damage-dealers have to perform similar functions.

Help us help you. The new forums will also allow the community team and developers to follow discussions and gather feedback more effectively as the game continues to evolve -- which, ultimately, translates to a better World of Warcraft for you.

The current individual class forums will be active until Thursday, November 6. On that date, we will be removing the individual class forums. You can begin using the new forums immediately at the links below:

Tanking- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=13395580&sid=1

Healing- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=13395582&sid=1

Damage Dealing- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=13395581&sid=1

Realm Compensation
Quote from: Nethaera (Source)

Since the release of the latest patch, Echoes of Doom, we have gone through a series of optimizations in order to increase overall game performance. We've seen steady, stable populations and a flurry of activity and excitement during the Hallow's End event and the latest rumblings of zombie attacks. It's been an exciting time for us as we draw closer to the release of our second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.

We've reached a point where we feel we can now accurately evaluate the events since the patch release. Though overall downtime has been minimal, players have experienced latency, inaccessible instances, and general frustrations. We are therefore announcing that we will be issuing compensation to accounts in all realms in the US, Oceanic, and Latin American regions. Accounts that are currently active and in good standing will be credited with an additional three days of game time.

We would like to thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to seeing you in game!

Quote from: Slorkuz (Source)

Since the release of the latest patch, Echoes of Doom, we have gone through a series of optimizations in order to increase overall game performance. We’ve seen steady, stable populations and a flurry of activity and excitement during the Hallow’s End event and the latest rumblings of zombie attacks. It’s been an exciting time for us as we draw closer to the release of our second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.

We've reached a point where we feel we can now accurately evaluate the events since the patch release. Though overall downtime has been minimal, players have experienced latency, inaccessible instances, and general frustrations. We are therefore announcing that we will be issuing compensation to accounts in all European and Russian language realms. Accounts that are currently active and in good standing will be credited with an additional three days of game time.

We would like to thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to seeing you in game!

Around the Web
Curse.com: WoW-themed Halloween Decorations - Ghostcrawler Pumpkin
TenTonHammer: Zombie Plague Editorial, Wrath of the Lich King Mounts
WarCry: Wrath of the Lich King Screenshot Contest, 30 Zombies in 30 Seconds, 30 Monsters in 30 Seconds
Zombie Plague coverage makes it to news sites: London Times, Fox News

Movie Watch
Chronicle of the Annoying Quest: Episode 29

Comments (21)
Nto
Nto
Admin

https://kara2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Empty Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 am

I love my daily WoR post.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:46 am

So we should run ZA a few more times to gear out people if we can clear it that easily now. Would love to get a few of those items on all of my toons.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:04 am

ZA was a blast.

I really like my new spec. Need to get some dmg meters going so I can see how I compare.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:22 am

I've got something like 104 Badges on Athaan now and can't decide what to do with them. The tanking Sunwell legs are 100 badges and a good upgrade but I'm not sure they're worth it at this time. I was going to use 30 of them to create Stormherald to use during leveling since I'm sure I'll be using a Fury build to level with. Any thoughts?

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:33 am

I wouldn't bother with tank upgrades atm.

DPS gear only.
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezhra Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:17 pm

Badge gear. Wand, off-hander item, or save for legs or something else? The 25 badge wand shows up as 4th best on maxdps.com at the moment. Behind 2 sunwell plateau and one from the eye. I don't even know which stats are the most important for shadow priests, I'm guessing raw spell power is king. But Int, Spirit, mp5, haste, etc...no clue which is more desirable than others. Any suggestions?

Jezhra

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Where's Perhaps when you need her?

Yeah, guess Stormherald would be a better deal. Maybe get that and a DPS ring since I'm still using a blue for that.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:47 pm

Yeah she'd be the one to ask about spriest gears.

2 spriests last night was super awesome. I was chain healing with HL's for part of hex lord and it was nuts how fast my mana was returning with 2xVE and wisdom on the mob. And mahon didn't run outta mana all night! Razz

gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:24 pm

I got to notice the improved healing on Athaan. Hell, the 25500+ Lay on Hands from Gravin was awesome. Many times I went from almost dead to full health in seconds on that last boss.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 pm

20m cooldown on lay hands is quite awesome. means it's actually mildly handy!
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  sangari Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Dang its been a while since I remembered these forums. Yall have been quite chatty :O.

2 LoH in a row yesterday on that last boss was amusing btw.

sangari

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Bookmarks are you friend.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've actually seen them in use except for when pallys are OOM. Wish that tanking axe would have dropped off the last boss. Sad

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:00 pm

well we can roll that bitch a few more times before the expansion. Very Happy Think of how easy that'd be with 10 people!
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:07 pm

I was kinda hoping for Jin'Rohk, myself
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 pm

hello?
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! From%20the%20internet
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:19 pm

This day is crawling by. Think I fixed our WSUS server so it can start process the 150 updates it's behind on downloading. Still haven't fixed the domain replication yet. Added a new DC to see if it could pull SYSVOL/NETLOGON info but it has so far failed.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 pm

i don't know much about shadowpriests, i just looted what i could. i'd choose spellpower first. spell crit after spellpower, imo (i think mindflay crits again, right?) i'd take spirit over mp5 if the power was about the same since spirit is more beneficial for the times when you go holy, and i'm oldschool so i've never understood taking haste over any other stat. i tend to always equip epic pieces over blues or greens, even at the cost of some spellpower since epic pieces are usually more well-rounded. but again, i don't know anything about anything. tongue
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 pm

Maebee! You should answer Jez's spriest questions so we can all be enlightened.

And so we'll have more WoW to talk about.

And so I'll have something else to look forward to.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 pm

that reply was so late but i posted it anyway. Embarassed
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nodden Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:22 pm

And by the time I wrote my response on the cave wall, Maebee has already scribbled hers down. Now I need something else to look forward to.

Nodden

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:22 pm

i do know that having 3 pieces of gear that proc at the same time is fun times. Rolling Eyes
maebee
maebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nto Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:00 pm

Temporary Weapon EnchantsWhere are the sharpening stones? - Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks.
Nto
Nto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gravin Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:05 pm

Lame
gravin
gravin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum